Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hamish

Stop being jealous about my competition-grade photo. This is Hamish, the newest member of our family (except for the peepings we heard under a sitting duck this morning), my jittery little calico friend. He needs a little leeway, he's just arrived and is a bit nervous, after living in a peaceful garden nursery and being whipped out of his comfort zone into a groovy tank which the cat drinks out of, and a toddler watches and laughs through the glass, and funky Capital Kings music plays in the background. But wee Hamish is an intelligent fellow, he aspires to be a singer/songwriter. He comes from a talented family. Silent throughout the day, but once he settles down, he's pretty talkative in the evening. Last night he told me he'd like to be as big as my other fish, Soda and Pebbles, one day. I told him he's fine just the way he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment